Nikolay Osadchiy is an Associate Professor of Information Systems and Operations Management at the Emory University's Goizueta Business School. His research interests are in supply chain management, where he studies how supply networks affect risk and operational performance, and in revenue management where he studies the impact of behavioral regularities on pricing. He has published in the leading academic journals including Management Science, Operations Research, and Production and Operations Management. Nikolay holds a PhD in Operations Management from the New York University Stern School of Business and MS in Applied Mathematics and Physics from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.
For prospective PhD students: please feel free to review this information and email if you have any questions.
- Selling with Binding Reservations in the Presence of Strategic Consumers, with Gustavo Vulcano. Management Science Vol. 56, No. 12, December 2010, pp. 2173-2190.
- Sales Forecasting with Financial Indicators and Experts' Input, with Vishal Gaur and Sridhar Seshadri. Production and Operations Management, Vol. 22, No. 5, September-October 2013, pp.1056-1076.
Runner-up, The Inaugural M&SOM/iFORM Best Paper Award, 2014.
- Systematic Risk in Supply Chain Networks, with Vishal Gaur and Sridhar Seshadri. Management Science , Vol. 62, No. 6, June 2016, pp. 1755-1777.
Earlier version: "Systematic Risk and Bullwhip Effect in Supply Chains"
Media coverage: Taming the Bullwhip Effect in Supply Chains Strategy+Business, Booz&Co.
- Behavioral Anomalies in Consumer Wait-or-Buy Decisions and Their Implications for Markdown Management, with Manel Baucells and Anton Ovchinnikov. Operations Research Vol. 65, No. 2, pp. 357-378.
Media coverage: Customer Focused Retail Strategy IEDP Developing Leaders, 2016.
- Are Patients Patient? The Role of Time to Appointment on Patient Flow, with Diwas KC. Production and Operations Management Vol 26, No. 3, March 2017.
- Sourcing Strategies for Online Retail Marketplaces, with Vishal Gaur, Sridhar Seshadri, and Marti Subrahmanyam
- The Lost Decade for the U.S. Manufacturing Jobs: A Story of Cost and Risk, with Sridhar Seshadri.
- Are Consumers Really Strategic? Implications of an Experimental Study, with Elliot Bendoly.
- Evolution of Supply Networks, with Vishal Gaur and Maximiliano Udenio.
- The Correlation of Supply Chain Risk and Financial Market Returns, with Vishal Gaur and Sridhar Seshadri. In proceedings of 2008 NSF Engineering Research and Innovation Conference, Honolulu, HI, 2009.
- The Centroidal Algorithm in Molecular Similarity and Diversity Calculations on Confidential Datasets, with Sergey Trepalin. Journal of Computer-Aided Molecular Design Vol. 19, No. 9, pp. 715-729, 2005.